Google safe browsing is a service that gives us the latest list of websites that contains viruses or phishing content. Google launched this service to protect the user and their personal data and to protect websites.
Google safe browsing was launched by Google in 2007. Nowadays popular browsers like Safari, Chrome, and Firefox are using the list of unsafe websites that are given by google for safe browsing to protect their users. Google safe browsers everyday scan billions of URLs and if any URL has a phishing link or content or virus then google ad that site to the unsafe sites list.
How to use Google Safe browsing
Now let’s see how to turn on Google safe browsing.
Firstly, Google safe browsing check.
For the safe browsing check, first, click on the three dots in the top right corner and then click on settings.
Now there will be an option for a safety check on the left top corner select it and then there will be an option to check now, click on it to start the safety check. Now this safety check will take a few seconds to check.
Read Also: How To Delete Phonepe History 2023
Now it will check the following steps.
- firstly, it will check whether your chrome is updated or not, it should be updated.
- Now it will check that your passwords are safe or passwords have been compromised, it should be no compromised password found.
- In the third step it will check whether safe browsing is on or not. If safe browsing is on which tier of protection is Enhanced or Standard protection? (You can change the protection tier Enhanced to Standard or Standard to Enhanced)
- And at the last will check that your chrome extension is safe or not.
Modes of safe browsing
- Standard Mode. This is the default mode safe browsing setting when you will download chrome, standard safe browsing mode ensure that you do not click on any phishing website or on websites that contain viruses.
- Enhanced Mode. Enhanced safe browsing will warn you about your password breaches and send your information to Google.
Google will give you warning about phishing sites or sites that contain viruses, no matter which type of protection you have been enabled.
How to off Google Safe Browsing
It is not recommended to off safe browsing, but if want to off then follow the steps.
- now check the safety check (as I told you above)
- Click on the safety check results.
- then click on the safe browsing option.
- Now click on the no protection option.
- confirm that you want to turn off safe browsing
But I will not recommend turning off your safe browsing, it can be harmful.
“Best Web Hosting For Students And Beginners. Visit now and start your online journey now.”